they're not worth listening to that's good information 1:0721 I do I told him something that would find 1:12me more trustworthy in his eyes I told him that you know what 1:16last year I had a seminar with mister Tony Blair 1:20and he told me the exact same thing your woman 1:23and you're given a seminar to me or with me I'm so glad the futures 1:28here and the preface and the professor look at me and he told me 1:39okay so you're somebody but the funny thing is 1:43I made him want to listen to me and that's what I'm talking about I'm 1:47a communication consultant I teach people the art wanting people to listen 1:51to you 1:52and the first man I wanna show you as Martin Luther King 1:55he's the one who people tell us that we should talk like you should go to your 2:00brothers and sisters and colleagues to tell them 2:03I have a dream there's nothing wrong with that way 2:06Martin Luther King spoke but I think you should find 2:10the Martin Luther King in your world so that's the first question 2:14I ask people who is martin luther king in your world 2:18and in my world my Martin Luther King was 2:22my elementary school teacher can wanna 2:25can allow she was smoking 2:28a pipe she had long blonde hair and she had caliber 2:33posh look and I remember the first week in school 2:37she told us there she is and that's me 2:42on the top I hated being the top I was tallest one in the class 2:46somebody asked me if I was a boy I think that's not fair 2:49anyways at the first week 2:52she gave us a great task she asked us 2:55what do you want to be what you want to do for a living 2:59when you grow up I was seven years old I had no idea what I wanted to do 3:04and my mother she's from Brazil she's very dynamic and passionate 3:08she told me lane you should go to the stubborn saying get inspiration 3:12I grew up in the suburbs and I went to the first magical place I knew at the 3:17time 3:18the candy store and I stood there for half an hour 3:23looking at the female working at the Campus Store she had the poster 3:27other precedent she was always eating the candy 3:31while she was working as you have this book and I was about seven years old I 3:35was looking at her thinking 3:36that's the best job in the whole world and I went back to school 3:42and I had my first presentation and Aston frontman 3:46in front my class telling all my classmates when I grow up 3:50I'm gonna work at the candy store 3:55Carolina she didn't look to you she was actually worried about me 3:59she was smoking her pipe in the back in the classroom and then she came to me 4:04stood at her knees shemale she said 4:08Elaine you're not gonna work at the candy store 4:11you're going to be an author I had no idea what that was at the time 4:18but my first bestselling book at Dominion techniques 4:22I actually dedicated it to my teacher Carol A 4:26can I wanna know something that all I should know 4:29something about personal leadership she was herself 4:34as opposed to the professional robot 4:37a lot of us are professional robots when we worked 4:41and I don't know if you met a professional robot you know when you go 4:45to 4:45as to where you want it by phone 4:49Amy salesperson ago hello you feel 4:52hi you don't want to meet a professional robot you wanna be a person 4:58so my Martin Luther King in my world is 5:01catalana she made me want to listen 5:04to what she had to say so in order to make other people want to listen to you 5:09think about who is martin luther king in your world doesn't have to be 5:12politicians 5:13actually I don't think politicians are good communicators 5:16at all just for the record 5:20so don't be a professional robot 5:23be yourself that's the best thing you can be but you have to think about what 5:27people think when they see you 5:29I keep my first step into communication 5:33the year 2001 that's when I started my first day 5:36to my bachelor degree and communication 5:40and I remember sitting at the University waiting for the first speaker 5:44they're worth about 200 students sitting listening 5:48well trying to listen this tall man 5:51when up States any started talking for 10 minutes 5:56and we can hear word he said why he had a scar 6:00across and that was only thing 6:04we could think about he'd refuse to tell us that he had a scar across your face 6:09he refused to tell us where he got it from and that was the 6:13we think we could think about after ten minutes he gave up 6:17and he told us I got this car 6:21in a car accident in the seventies my name is Bill 6:25you know what I never forgot his name 6:30third quarter to make people want to listen to you 6:33you have to put your looks in perspective you need to know what people 6:37think when they see you 6:38before you say anything just like it was when I met this professor in Berlin 6:44I remember when them I had a 6:49I had a seminar to Swedish television and 6:52once again they were wondering wear a sling 6:55racism and that we're waiting for this Elaine even sound like a man to you 6:59no not really have some people think ally or something 7:03him and they were waiting for a lane 7:06and I'm so happy about my granddad arnett my granddad he was born on the 7:1128th 7:12and he was kinda rough he always taught me if you want men 7:16to listen to you you need to know what the boxers 7:19you I was like what do you mean what the boxers do well you know the boxers 7:24they always jab jab with jab 7:27well jab it means that you need to hit a little I 7:30just a test the strength that the other person and that's what we 7:34we men do all the time we hear each other verbally 7:38and what you're supposed to do is to hit back I had no clue about this did you 7:44well probably all men did but with the women we didn't 7:47so I tried my first jab 7:51six years ago I had a seminar for Swedish television 7:54and I was about to have it and the bank was waiting for a lane and i was 8:00standing in front of him 8:01and he was like yearly and I said yes I'm away 8:04he say wow that's amazing asset well 8:08yeah it's pretty amazing and any tell me 8:12so when were you born in 8:15yesterday in that's a jab 8:18and what i do. and how about yourself 8:23polishing your coffin 8:28and history action was quite nice he was like who 8:33because then he fell okay she's strong enough to handle 8:36the percent is a Swedish television the only thing that happened that I wasn't 8:41prepared a 8:42was I got another jab or maybe a knock out when I started my seminar 8:46I was about to accept myself in front of all these people 8:50and this female rose her hand she said Elaine 8:54I don't really know why I should listen to you you're still 8:58young I don't feel motivated and I don't know about you guys but have you ever 9:04met people who speak further 9:06with their eyes closed and that taught me about body language 9:11and I didn't know what to do she thought I was too young 9:15and maybe she didn't think I was friendly now so I tried to smile maybe I 9:19became this professional robot to her 9:21so I tried to smile sigh just my letter 9:24but her ice for called and I heard myself say well you're perfectly right 9:30i'm not as old as you are 9:36she looks so angry and I didn't know how to find myself after that 9:40and the other people in the audience started laughing 9:43she didn't but afterwards she the clanking 9:47for too many said I really like your job you're giving knock out sometimes 9:52maybe you could be our rhetorical expert I said okay 9:55have you ever heard those nervous laugh 9:58people give them all the time is that rhetorical trick 10:03that I hear when I coached people had to make people listen to them 10:06I the main thing that any two races the nervous laugh 10:10when they tried to convince people that they're right and they say you know this 10:13is really important 10:14it's not a good thing 10:17I'll but in order to handle 10:21comments like these you too young your female 10:24your matter whatever unique you put yourself in perspective is a good or bad 10:30to look the way I look what is your scar 10:32when it comes to making people want to listen to what you say kiss 10:36people will hear word they will just look at you and they will think 10:40either your trustworthy or you're not and they'll make the decision you need 10:44to handle it 10:45so personal leadership one good word that you could 10:50remember is copia I don't really know how to pronounce it is lacked in 10:56but it means that if you want people to listen you should 10:59study though who are being listened to 11:03what are they doing do I speak to a debut 11:07or do I or Dona I I when I said 11:11and comment our politicians 310 11:14sometimes I sit with male experts 11:18and one thing I noticed that a lot of men 11:21take their time and television there's only one problem 11:25when you in the media there is no time but if you take your time you come 11:30across as more trustworthy 11:32as opposed to a lot of you my love us we we tend to 11:36we tend to speak really fast so 11:40what happened this guy get this expert get 11:44question from the journalist and he goes there's two ways 11:52we can look at this the first thing is he 11:56really took his time and I'm like she this it's not you can speak this slowly 12:00when you're in television 12:01so what did I do I started speaking 12:04really really fat asses sports commentator and what happened 12:08I became less trustworthy because if you speak too fast 12:13is like your excusing the message that you want to send people 12:17so don't speak fast this morning I was in television 12:21again and I try to do the opposite you know what happen 12:26journalist asked me a question I when 12:29and the mail 12:32expert next to me he started Obama 12:39get it right so we should do is study those 12:43who are being listened to but don't do it their way I'm not saying study Martin 12:50Luther King go to college to say I have a dream 12:53and study the way he speaks do it 12:57but do it your way and maybe sometime you can take their place 13:01it's not a bad thing and I think I did 13:05thank you
doar teste
segunda-feira, 5 de maio de 2014
Speak Like Your Idols, Become What you Want
Assinar:
Postar comentários (Atom)
Nenhum comentário:
Postar um comentário